1. Overpricing the home. You can avoid this by have your Realtor work with you the appropraitly price the listing, not too high, not too low.
2. Failing to accept that not everyone has the same taste they do. Even if it’s trendy! Even if it’s classic! Even if it’s “just like everything on HGTV.”
3. Not paying attention to the market. What are the active listings that buyers are going to be looking at when they are also looking at your home. Go visit them, or at least scour the listing and photos.
4. Not choosing the right agent. Choose the agent that will not only market the listing, but also represent you and your best interest in the sale negotitations. I’m a great candidate for this!
5. Not using an agent at all. You are selling your biggest asset, don’t go it alone.
6. Keeping décor that's too taste-specific. Even if it’s great taste! Make the edges a little softer to appeal to the most buyers.
7. Not decluttering the home before listing. Pack up 90% of your belongnings, get them out of the house. You are moving anyway!
8. Failing to make their home as beautiful as possible. Inside and out, really make it beautiful. Get rid of extra yard supplies and debris, inside fix and finish any home projects.
9. Not staging the home. This has a great return on a few thousand dollars. It can even be done for less, ask me how!